I have no real idea why but it seems to all be working now.
I tried a simple object calling a text macro – that worked.
I found a window and made it call the same text macro – it worked.
I went back to my original window which called its own text macro – it didn’t work.
I noticed the text width was being calculated inside the IF/THEN statement, so I moved it – still didn’t work.
I changed the CALL with listed parameters to CALL PARAMETRS ALL – and it worked.
I changed it back and it worked.
It seems that somehow saving the actual window object did the trick – even though I was only making the change in the macro.
But even stranger, all of my other windows are now working and I haven’t re-saved any of them.
Anyway, crisis averted.
Versions 6.5 to 22
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit