Reply To: Is there a way to query all Library Part names in the loaded Libraries?

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment Is there a way to query all Library Part names in the loaded Libraries? Reply To: Is there a way to query all Library Part names in the loaded Libraries?

Barry Kelly
Participant

We don’t rarely use the Graphisoft libraries as we have our own custom library that suits our needs better.
I certainly would not call objects/macros in your libraries as I am aware they can change without me knowing what has changed.

I am just getting into migrating objects this last week actually and have spotted the possible problem of migrating objects called by other objects.
But I am hoping that if I keep the original names then the call will still work.
I am aware that migrating an object with a new name is probably a more logical way to keep track of them but I am hoping keeping the same name solves the ‘CALL’ problem.
Obviously there will be problems if parameters have changed in the called object but that would apply if calling a place-able object or a macro. So I just have to be careful to update any called parameters in the master objects as well.
The biggest problem I am having at the moment is remembering/finding all the objects that call other objects/macros that I want to amend/migrate.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit