Reply To: Retrieving list of available parameters from password protected MVOs

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment Retrieving list of available parameters from password protected MVOs Reply To: Retrieving list of available parameters from password protected MVOs

Denny Wong
Participant

Thanks Barry, that’s quite a neat trick you have there, never thought about this! Now I can just throw a bunch of random objects to the origin, make that an object and write a script to extract all their parameters. Neat!

I am in agreement with your other comments. Honestly I am not fussed about an UI for parameter extraction – if LP_​XMLConverter can produce a parameter-only XML from protected GDL, I’ll be happy already.

Additionally many objects were not designed to be called as Macros; calculations were done in Parameter Script rather than Master Script, so when you CALL them the values do not react to your other parameters. When these are password protected, you have no choice but to duplicate their calculations which is a rather bad practice.

All these just because we have a 9,000 polygon chair that does not offer any 3D Details level, and we have to create an “envelope” object to provide that…

Bond Bryan Architects, Westerham, UK