Any way to use inline fills in SECT_​​FILL&SECT_​​ATRS

Home Forums General discussions Any way to use inline fills in SECT_​FILL&SECT_​ATRS

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Piotr Dobrowolski
      Participant

I am trying to do a “user” and “library” proof object so I wanted to use inline fill atributes in SECT_ATRS or SECT_FILL
      Looks like the commands do not recognize negative indexes (the inline defined)

Is there any other way or “the “road is closed”?

Piotr

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

You can add a fill type parameter, and the user can select the inline fill there.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Piotr Dobrowolski
      Participant

I cannot see the inline fill defined in the masterscript in the fill type parameter normally…should I do some values restritcion to the parameter and set it to: values "fill_parameter" RANGE (,0)?

Piotr

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi,

According to this document it should be working, but looks like the inline definition gets written to the attributes only after using it by name in the 2D script, and is not accessible from 3D this way. We will check if this is a bug or some technical limitation.

You can put the definiton in a MASTER_GDL_….gdl file (plain text file). This way the attribute is created when the library is loaded, and you can use it in all libparts by name.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Piotr Dobrowolski
      Participant

The trick with MASTER_GDL I know very well…I just wanted to make a fill inside one object and use it in it only ;(
      not messing around with the attributes in the project….

Seems the fill defined inline works only for 2d script – even if defined in master or 3d script – the negative values of indexes are “invisible” for SECT_FILL and so on….;(

Piotr

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.