Area Calculation and Window Dimensions

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows Area Calculation and Window Dimensions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

In the preferences of zones it is possible to set a value for the depth of an interior window niche, from which the zones calculates that niche to the zone.
      In the window documentation on this website (17. simple doors and windows) is written, that the WIDO_FRAME_THICKNESS Parameter should be put in the Compatibility Options field of the window object.
      My problem is, that the area calculation is not correct if I add outside the window frame another part so that the window moves inwards. Although the WIDO_FRAME_THICKNESS is now the sum of window frame and the other part, the area calculates the niche as if there where not the other part.
      What am I doing wrong?
      Why must I restart ArchiCAD to get the changes in the Compatibility Options field get updated in the plan?

Attachments:

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

There are 2 fields in compatibility options which need to be filled with correct values to let the zone determine the depth of the wall and let ARCHICAD flip the window. First you have to set the Nominal Frame Thickness – usually simply gs_frame_thk, but in your object it seems to be the sum of 2 values. Then you have to set the Parapet Wall Inset, which is usually a long calculation, based on some globals and own parameters – this will determine the depth of zone niche.
      Did you fill both of them? If yes, and it still not work, please attach a sample, to let me check it.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

Thanks Gergely, I did not thought that the 2nd value had to be put into the Parapet Wall Inset.
      Now I did this and it works 🙂

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

Gergely,
      are there any documentations about Parapet Wall Inset; this is not easy to understand and took me hours to figure out (I could not use GS standard because of an own rotation undo routine).
      That there are only 253 Character allowed, is not helpful.
      Is it allowed to use there variables defined in the Master-Script?
      Is it allowed to use there Parameters set in the Parameter Script to shorten the total lenght?
      E.G. ix = gs_frame_thk : PARAMETERS ix = ix

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Joachim,
      As I know there is no additional documentation for that… It is allowed to use your own parameters, so you can use the paramscript to make calculations and then use the calculated value in that short field. Variables can not be used for that purpose, you can only use the objecst own parameters and globals.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Doors and windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.