ASSOCLP_​​PARVALUE_​​WITH_​​DESCRIPTION

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment ASSOCLP_​PARVALUE_​WITH_​DESCRIPTION

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      James Murray
      Participant

I assume this is the version of ASSOCLP_PARVALUE to use with parameters that have a VALUES{2} list. If so, I don’t understand how to get the description part of a given value.

James M

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

I tried wtih the following code in a labels’ 2d script:

dim p_values_and_descriptions[][]
      n = REQUEST ("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE_WITH_DESCRIPTION", "myParam", name_or_index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, p_values_and_descriptions)

for ii = 1 to vardim1(p_values_and_descriptions)
      	for jj = 1 to vardim2(p_values_and_descriptions)
      		text2 jj, ii, p_values_and_descriptions[ii][jj]
      	next jj
      next ii

This code writes both the integer value and the description to the floorplan view.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
      Participant

Thanks, Gergely, but I’m not getting it. I did notice the TEXT2 line needs to be text2 j, i, p_values_and_descriptions[i][j]. But the label is still empty when applied. I’ve attached a simple test case.

James M

James Murray
      Participant

Again what I post does not show up. I was trying to say the text2 line needs to refer to p_values_and_descriptions[i][j], not just [j]. (Incidentally, I tried to bold the [i].)

James M

James Murray
      Participant

One more try. open square bracket i close square bracket open square bracket j close square bracket. Maybe it did the same thing to your text. Thanks again for the help.

James M

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Sorry, I changed to ii and jj, I hope it helps. (The forum engine stoles the single i char in square brackets, as it thinks is is an italic definition for text formatting.)

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
      Participant

Thanks, I’m getting closer. The array dump works. How do I capture just the description? I get an error if I try to set a variable equal to p_values_and_descriptions[1][1], for example.

James M

James Murray
      Participant

Anything more on this?

James M

James Murray
      Participant

Gergely, I’ve submitted this as #244744. I would have PM’d you but I didn’t see the option.

James M

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.