ASSOCLP_​​PARVALUE_​​WITH_​​DESCRIPTION

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment ASSOCLP_​PARVALUE_​WITH_​DESCRIPTION

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  James Murray 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

James Murray
    Participant

I assume this is the version of ASSOCLP_PARVALUE to use with parameters that have a VALUES{2} list. If so, I don’t understand how to get the description part of a given value.

Gergely Fehér
    Keymaster

I tried wtih the following code in a labels’ 2d script:

dim p_values_and_descriptions[][]
    n = REQUEST ("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE_WITH_DESCRIPTION", "myParam", name_or_index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, p_values_and_descriptions)

for ii = 1 to vardim1(p_values_and_descriptions)
    	for jj = 1 to vardim2(p_values_and_descriptions)
    		text2 jj, ii, p_values_and_descriptions[ii][jj]
    	next jj
    next ii

This code writes both the integer value and the description to the floorplan view.

Gergely Fehér
    Team Leader, Library Team
    GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
    Participant

Thanks, Gergely, but I’m not getting it. I did notice the TEXT2 line needs to be text2 j, i, p_values_and_descriptions[i][j]. But the label is still empty when applied. I’ve attached a simple test case.

James Murray
    Participant

Again what I post does not show up. I was trying to say the text2 line needs to refer to p_values_and_descriptions[i][j], not just [j]. (Incidentally, I tried to bold the [i].)

James Murray
    Participant

One more try. open square bracket i close square bracket open square bracket j close square bracket. Maybe it did the same thing to your text. Thanks again for the help.

Gergely Fehér
    Keymaster

Sorry, I changed to ii and jj, I hope it helps. (The forum engine stoles the single i char in square brackets, as it thinks is is an italic definition for text formatting.)

Gergely Fehér
    Team Leader, Library Team
    GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
    Participant

Thanks, I’m getting closer. The array dump works. How do I capture just the description? I get an error if I try to set a variable equal to p_values_and_descriptions[1][1], for example.

James Murray
    Participant

Anything more on this?

James Murray
    Participant

Gergely, I’ve submitted this as #244744. I would have PM’d you but I didn’t see the option.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.