BMat ID parameter

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bruce Walker
      Participant

I’m trying to fill a Text parameter with the BMat ID of the selected building material, but for some reason it just fills it with a blank.

Parameters: object_mat (type Building Material), list_mat_id (type Text)
      Script (in Master script):

n = REQUEST{2} ("Building_Material_info", object_mat, "gs_bmat_id", matId)
      	PARAMETERS list_mat_id = matId

The material id is properly retrieved (I’ve checked with a print statement), but the list_mat_id stays blank. If I replace the matId with any string (e.g. “Testing”) then it works fine…so I know the commands are correct. But for some reason, it just won’t fill with a BMat ID.

What am I missing?

www.brucepwalker.com
      https://www.mindmeister.com/65450406

AC20 6005 AUS Full & AC 21 3009 NZE Full | Win 10 Pro 64 | Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 16 Gb RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 8Mb

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

n = REQUEST{2} ("Building_Material_info", name_or_index, param_name, value_or_values)

Returns information in the given variable(s) on a parameter of the specified building material. Expression returns 0 and contains dummy return values (emtpy string or 0) if used in parameter script, causing additional warning.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Bruce Walker
      Participant

Thanks Gergely – it’s because I’m trying to use it in a parameter script. Didn’t get an error because I was doing it in the master script, so thought I’d managed to get around it. But no.

I am trying to do this so I can list the BMat ID of the object in a schedule. How would I go about this otherwise?

www.brucepwalker.com
      https://www.mindmeister.com/65450406

AC20 6005 AUS Full & AC 21 3009 NZE Full | Win 10 Pro 64 | Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 16 Gb RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 8Mb

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Parameter connections’ is closed to new topics and replies.