Creating a label whose leader sits in the middle of the first row of text

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Documentation elements, text handling Creating a label whose leader sits in the middle of the first row of text

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Leah Bell
      Participant

Hi there,

I need to create a label that is just like the typical label, but instead of the leader starting from the top or the middle of the text, it needs to sit in the middle of the first line of text. The text height will always be 2mm so it could be offset 1mm every time. I haven’t built a label or object before. Where would you start and what would you do to build this label?

Thank you kindly!!

Attachments:
      Michael Herse
      Participant

Hi Leah

Label formatting is a fairly complex things, especially when you start taking into account the need to respond to rotated views, flipping/mirroring, rotation and anchor points. If I need to make a new parametric one, I usually start by taking a standard Graphisoft supplied labels and modifying it.

The parameter that holds the location of the label text relative to the leader is Label_Position, so have a read up on this in the GDL reference guide and check out a few existing labels to see how it is being used.

Alternatively, the functionality you seek has already been added to Archicad 23 by Graphisoft. You can now set the leader of the text/auto text label to start in the middle of the first row of text.

Hope that is of some help
      Cheers,
      Michael.

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

We have a tips&tricks document that might help finding the relevant ac_ parameters:

New parametrization of labels for ARCHICAD22

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Barry Kelly
      Participant

We have a tips&tricks document that might help finding the relevant ac_ parameters:

New parametrization of labels for ARCHICAD22

<iframe width=”500″ height=”282″ title=”“New parametrization of labels for ARCHICAD22” — GRAPHISOFT GDL Center” class=”wp-embedded-content” src=”https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/new-parametrization-of-labels-for-archicad22/embed#?secret=BUKDkOJvnf&#8221; frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”BUKDkOJvnf” security=”restricted”></iframe>

And now that needs to be updated for the new connection points in 23.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Documentation elements, text handling’ is closed to new topics and replies.