Determining which tool and setting are selected

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment Determining which tool and setting are selected

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Geoff Briggs
      Participant

Hello,
      I have a marker object of the Section-Elevation subtype. Can I determine within the script if the active tool is the Section Tool vs the Elevation tool? And can I determine the status of the Marker Head in the Middle / Marker Head at the Ends setting?

Thanks.

Geoff Briggs
      DeForest Architects
      Seattle, USA

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Linking to tools is based on subtypes only. Elements under the “Section Marker” can be used with the section tool, and elements in the “Elevation Marker” can be used with the elevation tool. Section-Elevation marker subtype is the common ancestor of them, and as in early ARCHICAD versions it was one tool the elements of this subtype appears in both of the new tools.
      To determine which of them is used, I would make 2 copies of the object, save them as different section and elevation markers and save the original item as a macro. Both of the new elements should simply call the common macro, with adding one more parameter: the information about the callers subtype

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Geoff Briggs
      Participant

Thanks Gergely,
      that makes perfect sense.

Can you please help with the second part of my question regarding the Marker Head setting. I want to adjust the behavior of the script based on whether the marker head is in the middle or the ends. I have not found a request that returns the state of that setting. Thanks.

Geoff Briggs
      DeForest Architects
      Seattle, USA

Geoff Briggs
      Participant

I still need to find out if I can determine the marker head end/middle setting and use that in my script. Thanks.

Geoff Briggs
      DeForest Architects
      Seattle, USA

Dominika Bobály
        Keymaster

It’s not passed down to GDL in any form, so there is no way to use it as a condition in your script.

Dominika Bobály
        Product Manager
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Geoff Briggs
      Participant

OK, thanks.

Geoff Briggs
      DeForest Architects
      Seattle, USA

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.