Display and editing features

Home Forums About this site Ideas about GDL Center Display and editing features

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gergely Fehér 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

Zsolt Taskai
    Participant

Is this the description of the topic itself? This box at topic creation should have a title probably…

Zsolt Taskai
    Participant

Zsolt Idea 1: line numbers for the code sections so that you can refer to them in later comments.

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Thanks for the ideas!

Line numbering is now available in the post of Tips & Tricks and Learning sections. With double-click the code changes back to raw formatting for copy-paste. 2 buttons on the top right for raw formatting or opening the code in a new window.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Zsolt Taskai
        Participant

Wow, that was quick! And it’s seems to be perfect (doesn’t affect copying the code).

Zsolt Taskai
    Participant

Zsolt Idea 2: some more standard markup language for posts/comments. Markdown? Wiki markup? Or how do you create tables?

Zsolt Taskai
      Participant

Zsolt Idea 3: It’s crazy annoying that most controls here are in gray. Like edit, reply, even filter drop-downs. Feels like they are disabled for some reason.

Firefox 40.0.3 on Ubuntu.

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

Changed a bit on colors… Is it better?

Gergely Fehér
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Zsolt Taskai
        Participant

The forum controls seems alright to me. But the search page dropdown is still grey.

Zsolt Taskai
    Participant

Zsolt Idea 4: I’m really missing links in the tips’n’tricks on words like ““View_Rotangle” request”, SYMB_ROTANGLE, MOD, etc, pointing to the corresponding section of the manual.

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

A “command and function pool” was added to the end of posts (and some lectures), with links. Hope it helps.

Dominika Bobály
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Zsolt Taskai
        Participant

Awesome! That definitely works. I was more thinking of wiki-style interlinking but this footnote format might be more helpful for others. And as the system evolves, you might find a semi-automatic way of generating these links…

Zsolt Taskai
    Participant

Just a little issue in http://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-use-parameter-buffer-in-polygon-related-commands/ . HTML tags are disabled in code sections and rightfully so but this document still tries to utilize them.

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

Corrected, thanks for the notice.

Dominika Bobály
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Zsolt Taskai
        Participant

And corrected using the line numbers, cool:) Probably you should search for “strong” in all code samples, I think I’ve seen some in other docs, too. Thanks!

Frank Beister
    Participant

Would be nice if the forum would have the same/similar skin like the other forums. like GDC, beta, German, INT

éptár ltd.
    Participant

Hi, I would be happy to see a TumbUp or Star sign near to the Answers. It can show how your answer is usable for the others. Later developer can do a filter, where user can search the most appropriate answer.

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

…and now, let’s go, and vote for the best answers! By the way you can rate the post of the Learning and Tips & Tricks sections with five stars… Please try that too.

Gergely Fehér
      GRAPHISOFT SE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.