Displaying GDL-2D-Script – correct display-refresh

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows Displaying GDL-2D-Script – correct display-refresh

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Heimo Mooslechner
      Participant

I made an Librarypart for a Window-opening for a complete free design with a lot of editable hotspots.

It simply does not care about the Library – implemented functions for windows and tries to get this alone in itself working.

It takes a complete graphical editable polygone where new points can be put in for the outline.

And later, after having designed the shape, You can “draw in” some additional dividing-profiles which can be situated everywhere inner the polygon.

I made this editable direct in 3D but also in an extra sight in the groundfloor – which can be put out of the Zoom-plansight.

My problem here is, that it You have to have the Wallopening in zoom-sight to edit the independent drawing for the extra scripted elevation. Otherwise – every editing command makes the 2D-vanishing.

Her a German Video about this problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miyMqw2572Q

You want to try out?

multifenster7_12_2015 – latest edits

Can i solve this? Do i have to live with this?

Maybe Graphisoft should think about the geometric limits or rules, which makes a screenrefresh for an Wallopening – librarypart…

Teacher in HTL-Salzburg
      AC5-19, Win and Mac
      GDL hobby developer

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

The problem is that floorpan redraw is based on the elements normal positions and sizes. If you do not have your windows’ normal “bounding box” in your view, then it won’t be redrawn. So please use views containing your windows, and then this bug is eliminated.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Heimo Mooslechner
      Participant

That means – we have to live with this.

The idea of my GDL-behavour was, to have a clean groundfloor – view for placing that into the Layout for plotting – but still there are these drawings of the elevation of the openings somewhere out of plansight. I know that this is not the List-System- which Graphisoft is preferring for wall-openings, but would there be the possibility to edit the shape of it with hotspots?

My system would have some potential – i think – not as replacement but as supplement.

Teacher in HTL-Salzburg
      AC5-19, Win and Mac
      GDL hobby developer

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

I need some more information, to know the exact problem: Why don’t you use an elevation view for that? Is there any problems you can’t avoid with the elevation?

Gergely Fehér
        Team Leader, Library Team
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Heimo Mooslechner
      Participant

I like to put independent elevation-views inte the groundfloor, sometimes to write text to it – some datas, some helptext for the User. I did this in many of my elements for a smoother user workflow experience and other reasons.

some of my examples:

blockwall-building wall part with elevation

of a more complex one:

Balanced Stair with elevations

Foundation – stepping with section
      and a really complex one:

for displaying and editing ducts in groundfloor and sections and 3D

Tutorial for that sewer-thing

You have to try them by Yourself to understand their functionality – and for the most of them i made Video-Tutorials on Youtube.

For the Duct-Part – normal elevation would not work, because this thing is drawn to flat in the elevation-view with 2 diffrent scales for the same drawing: 1:100/500 (100 for the Hight, 500 for the length) This is normal in length profile in planning for sewer construction.

As i made very good experiences with this kind of usage uf the 2D-GDL, i would like to use that also for complex wall openings. You wuoldnt need this for normal Doors and Windows – but for direct constructing and Editing – its a wonderful possibility.

Did You look at my Video-Link above? Tutorial for the Usage of my MultiWindow1

Teacher in HTL-Salzburg
      AC5-19, Win and Mac
      GDL hobby developer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Doors and windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.