Errors in manual re window placement and reference line

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows Errors in manual re window placement and reference line

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Wesse
      Participant

Hi
      I have come back to GDL after a couple of years and my first project is a custom window. I decided to use the opportunity to refresh my GDL so I went step by step through orientating a window via placement, using the ref line and mirrored/flipped to establish UV etc. What I found was that the copy/paste from the manual.

! 2D script bRotated = round_int (SYMB_ROTANGLE) = 180 if bRotated then rot2 180 endif if SYMB_MIRRORED then mul2 -1, 1 endif if WIDO_REVEAL_SIDE exor bRotated then add2

nullnull

When I did the same using circles etc to draft the orientation I get

null

I searched the forum but did not easily find essential info or bug reports on this.

Cheers

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi Mark,

The sample code undoes the mirrorings/flips defined by the user relative to the wall. Rotating a wall 180° is not the same as mirroring a wall on an axis parallel to it. In the “On Screen View Options” toolbar turn on “Wall & Beam Refernce Lines” to see the difference in wall direction.
      Wall reference line
      So the inside/outside of a composite wall is not defined by the order of the layers, it can be changed by the user. There is also a menu command at Edit / Reference Line and Plane / Invert Wall Direction.

Attachments:

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

WALL_FLIPPED can help in determining which side of the wall is which side of the composite.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Doors and windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.