Find number of hinge door leafs.

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows Find number of hinge door leafs.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin Lee
      Participant

Is there a way to identify whether hinged opening door(from typical GS doors) has 1 door leaf or 2?

Barry Kelly
      Participant

It looks to me as though you won’t get this information from the objects – not the standard GS doors anyway.
      The single doors always one leaf and the doubles always have 2.
      As it is not a parameter you can set in the object you won’t be able to get that information out from the object.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Kevin Lee
      Participant

well, hope there is some workaround to this.

As some of you know, egress dimension in the standard GS door does not comply with egress standard in AUS.(nor Local version of ARCHICAD does not report correct value as well.)

What I am after is clear width dimension for DDA drawings where the width is measured as per diagram in the attachment.

I can set the calculation to take leaf width as variable (egg if leaf_width > 1200 then leaf=2) but it would be much reliable to have calculations based on the true information.

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

You can check a listing parameter called “gs_list_doorleafwidths”. It contains the widths of the leafs as a string. I know it is not the best solution, but you can try as a workaround…

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Kevin Lee
      Participant

Thanks Gergely..

Interestingly, requesting second door leaf width always returns to 900mm from single hinge door.

doubleleafwidth1 = 0
      rrr = request (“ASSOCLP_PARVALUE”, “gs_secondleaf_w”,index_ww, type_ww, flags_ww, dim1_ww, dim2_ww, width_leaf2nd)
      if rrr then doubleleafwidth1 = width_leaf2nd

Kevin Lee
      Participant

Cont’

I was able to define the door types by using “gs_secondleaf_w” & “gs_pivotOffset”

one thing I’m struggling with is finding a unique parameter used in any store door types… gs_secondleaf_w returns all store doors to zero..

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Doors and windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.