Finding LIBRARYGLOBALS names

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Others Finding LIBRARYGLOBALS names

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bruce Walker
      Participant

Is there an easy way to find out the names (and thereby the parameter names) of the ArchiCAD library globals?

www.brucepwalker.com
      https://www.mindmeister.com/65450406

AC20 6005 AUS Full & AC 21 3009 NZE Full | Win 10 Pro 64 | Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 16 Gb RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 8Mb

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

They are categorized in the GDL Manual (which you have probably found already), so if you have a good guess, you might be able to find the right one.
      You can try to use the “Dump library parts of selected elem…” command from the Library developer menu (palce a random object, select it, then use the command), the result report (check the report window) lists all plan global names and values along with the object’s parameters.
      About accessing the Library Developer menu, see here.

Dominika Bobály
      Product Manager
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Bruce Walker
      Participant

Thanks Dominika. The “dump library parts…” was a new one for me.

However, what I was after was a list of the Model View Options objects (accessed via the LIBRARYGLOBALS command). In this particular instance, I’m trying to find the object name and parameter name for the “Miscellaneous Settings…” > “Show Opening Lines in 3D Projections” > “on Doors”

The only way I currently know to do this (for ArchiCAD MVO objects) is to find an object that references what you’re after, and open from there. Is there a more straightforward way?

Thanks

www.brucepwalker.com

AC20 6005 AUS Full & AC 21 3009 NZE Full | Win 10 Pro 64 | Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 16 Gb RAM

Dominika Bobály
        Keymaster

The MVO objects which are accessible via the LIBRARYGLOBALS “request” are simple libparts under the Library Global Settings subtype (you can create your own if you like, with your own custom parameters). To be able to access the options of any of them, you need to know the name of the libpart. Currently we have 2 of them in the library: “LG_DWSymbSettings” for Door and Window symbol settings panel, and “LibraryGlobals13” for Miscellaneous panel. The request needs the name of the libglobal object, and the name of the parameter the settings belongs to. You can open these objects (type the names into the report window, and hit “Open object…”), and look up the parameter you need to rely on, and in the parameter script, search for the values you can use in your own objects as conditional variables. The “Show opening lines in 3D” – doors parameter name is “D_showBOpLine3D”. Hope this helps.
        Since these are not built-in library parts, but custom ones, currently this is the only method you can look up the MVO parameters.

Dominika Bobály
        Product Manager
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Dominika Bobály
          Keymaster

Example in object:

!inicialize variable
          _bOplinesTemp = 0
          ! request MVO parameter value
          _bSuccess = LIBRARYGLOBAL ("LibraryGlobals13", "D_showBOpLine3D", _bOplinesTemp)
          ! possible values of "D_showBOpLine3D" : 0-1

if _bSuccess & _bOplinesTemp = 1 then
            ! do something if oplines are ON from MVO and request is successful
          endif

Dominika Bobály
          Product Manager
          GRAPHISOFT SE

David Maudlin
      Participant

Bruce:

One option is to open the Library Global Settings subtype library part which establishes the globals. Go to Open Object by Subtype > General GDL Object > Documentation Element > Drawing Symbol > Library Global Settings to find the Library Global Settings subtype library parts in the loaded libraries. As Dominika mentioned, the two in the AC library are “LG_DWSymbSettings” for Door and Window symbol settings panel, and “LibraryGlobals13”.

HTH,

David

David Maudlin / Architect
      Washington, D.C.
      AC 22 - Mac OS

Bruce Walker
      Participant

Thanks for you help guys. This is what I was after. That “Open object by subtype” is handy to know…

www.brucepwalker.com

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new topics and replies.