Force Refresh of Objects using LIBRARYGLOBAL

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment Force Refresh of Objects using LIBRARYGLOBAL

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Denny Wong
      Participant

Hi all, I have a very simple question:

Is there a standard way of forcing objects to read their LIBRARYGLOBALs again? It seems that upon changing the active MVO, I need to CMD+T an object to force it to recalculate, in order to fetch the new settings from MVO. This slightly defeats the whole purpose of having library settings in the MVO. Am I missing something?

I have even tried reloading the library – but it seems like all calculations are cached and thus no re-calculations occured.

I am still on AC19 if that matters.

Many thanks in advance for your input, much appreciated.

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

Denny,

first, let’s assume you did not try to save the returned value of the MVO request in a parameter in any way, because that may cause problems like you described.
      Here is a tutorial on how to correctly implement an MVO object, and how to link it to a placeable object via LIBRARYGLOBALS request.
      Here is another article about the topic, in general.

In case the articles do not give you a solution to your problem, we can discuss this further.

Dominika Bobály
      Product Manager
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Denny Wong
      Participant

Thank you Dominika, I was feeding it back into a parameter of the object as a quick way of debugging and I think that triggered a loop of some description. Breaking the loop solved the problem.

Many thanks again.

Dominika Bobály
        Keymaster

Debugging MVO returned values: we usually use text output commands (text2), to check on it, or you can try PRINTing it into the report window.
        Never should it be stored in a parameter.
        Glad you could handle the issue.

Dominika Bobály
        Product Manager
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.