Force Refresh of Objects using LIBRARYGLOBAL

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment Force Refresh of Objects using LIBRARYGLOBAL

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dominika Bobály 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Denny Wong
    Participant

Hi all, I have a very simple question:

Is there a standard way of forcing objects to read their LIBRARYGLOBALs again? It seems that upon changing the active MVO, I need to CMD+T an object to force it to recalculate, in order to fetch the new settings from MVO. This slightly defeats the whole purpose of having library settings in the MVO. Am I missing something?

I have even tried reloading the library – but it seems like all calculations are cached and thus no re-calculations occured.

I am still on AC19 if that matters.

Many thanks in advance for your input, much appreciated.

Dominika Bobály
    Keymaster

Denny,

first, let’s assume you did not try to save the returned value of the MVO request in a parameter in any way, because that may cause problems like you described.
    Here is a tutorial on how to correctly implement an MVO object, and how to link it to a placeable object via LIBRARYGLOBALS request.
    Here is another article about the topic, in general.

In case the articles do not give you a solution to your problem, we can discuss this further.

Dominika Bobály
    Library Developer, Library Team
    GRAPHISOFT SE

Denny Wong
    Participant

Thank you Dominika, I was feeding it back into a parameter of the object as a quick way of debugging and I think that triggered a loop of some description. Breaking the loop solved the problem.

Many thanks again.

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

Debugging MVO returned values: we usually use text output commands (text2), to check on it, or you can try PRINTing it into the report window.
      Never should it be stored in a parameter.
      Glad you could handle the issue.

Dominika Bobály
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.