GLOB_​​MODPAR_​​NAME and arrays

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Parameter connections GLOB_​MODPAR_​NAME and arrays

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      James Murray
      Participant

Is it possible to determine which specific row of an array was modified? As opposed to the array parameter as a whole.

James M

Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

Yes, that would be really great. This is a long cherished wish.
      Please Graphisoft, apply this to the next ArcbhiCAD-version.

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Unfortunately it is not possible – and I think it won’t be possible in the near future. There are workarounds for many cases – can you tell me the problem with some more details?

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
      Participant

I have an array of XYZ points, where either X or Y must be zero. So if the user puts a value in X, it would be nice to have the Y automatically zero out, and vice versa. For non array parameters:

IF GLOB_MODPAR_NAME='xParam' & ABS(xParam-0)>eps THEN PARAMETERS yParam=0
      IF GLOB_MODPAR_NAME='yParam' & ABS(yParam-0)>eps THEN PARAMETERS xParam=0

James M

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

In this situation there are 2 workarounds: if there is a limited number of editable hotspots or user parameters then you can add normal parameters for editing, and store their values in arrays. The other way is to have 2 arrays, and if one is edited, then check the differences and modify the other coordinate.

Gergely Fehér
        Team Leader, Library Team
        GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
      Participant

Thanks for the reply, I did discover the 2-array solution on my own. I still think a GLOB_MODPAR_NAME{2} for individual items would be nice.

James M

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Parameter connections’ is closed to new topics and replies.