Graphical editing in labels

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Graphical editing Graphical editing in labels

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      James Murray
      Participant

Graphical editing in labels seems buggy and not fully supported. I was trying to use a graphical switch (options are bound to a distances values list, so when you move the switch it changes the option) in a label. In the non-mirrored case, the switch worked but the behavior was unusual. The movable hotspot wanted to change to a plain hotspot before it would work. When the label was mirrored, the editing did not work at all. In beta I would report this as a bug, so I wanted to bring it to your attention. Also, I’d like to know the official position on graphical editing in labels. Example attached.

James M

Olga Gregus
      Participant

Dear James,

Could you explain the details what the problem is with the mirrored one ?
      A picture about the requested working could be enough to understand.

Olga Gregus
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
      Participant

A value list with output options is hooked to a length parameter, also with two values. You can edit the length with hotspots, so you can graphically switch between the output choices.

Here’s a simplified drawing symbol object which shows how it should work. Graphical editing works mirrored and unmirrored. (Though I am getting a strange error in the parameter script, it says value list values are duplicated ‘0’, but they aren’t. Also the parameter script doesn’t fail. See comments.)

Also, here is a label version of the same thing, all I did was change the subtype. The graphical editing works when unmirrored, but fails when mirrored.

Thanks for your help. In the label it is ‘nice to have’, but if it doesn’t work I won’t pursue it.

James M

Olga Gregus
      Participant

Yes, you’re right. A mirrored label coord system is not working the same way as a simple drawing symbol or object one. But only without pointer, It looks well when the pointer is displayed.
      I’ve found this problem issue in our bug database. I hope this will be solved as soon as possible.
      Thank you for your comment.

Olga Gregus
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
      Participant

Can you tell me if that issue, according to the database, also affects markers? For example, in a section marker, the hotspots fail at one end but not the other.

James M

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

James, if there is a problem with mirrored section markers, then it is a different issue. Can you describe it a bit more or send us a testfile in mail (gdlcenter@graphisoft.com)

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Geoff Briggs
        Participant

Hi Gergely,
        James has been helping me add floating text to a section marker. It works well but fails in one circumstance. I will start a new topic in this category so this topic can remain devoted to labels. Thanks.

Geoff Briggs
        DeForest Architects
        Seattle, USA

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphical editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.