Graphical Hotspots & Complex Profiles

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Graphical editing Graphical Hotspots & Complex Profiles

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      shaun coomber
      Participant

Hi

I am working on an object at the moment, which uses complex profiles. It creates arrays of profiles and each of these can be offset. This part all works OK.

It gets complicated because at each point, you might have 1, 2, 3… profiles aligned next to each other. This again works fine, but the problem I’m having is I would like to use hotspots to control the number of profiles at each location. However, because I can’t use the profile’s width in the parameter script I don’t know how to achieve this.

I’d normally do something like:

VALUES “totalWidthOfProfiles” beamWidth, 2*beamWidth, 3*beamWidth
      PARAMETERS numberOfProfiles[i] = totalWidthOfProfiles[i] / beamWidth

Any thoughts?

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

You can not get the profile geometry in paramscript, it is impossible in GDL.
      The user can change the geometry of a profile without touching the object and running it’s paramscript, so if you could store any information from the profile, this change would make your placed objects’ parameters invalid.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

shaun coomber
      Participant

Hi

I understand that, but I am trying to figure out a way to control the number of beams using hotspots (without the profile width if that’s possible)…

shaun coomber
      Participant

Hi

I figured out a way to position hotspots correctly based on the profile dimensions using MUL.

That brings me on to my next question…

Although the MUL command affects the hotspots positions, it doesn’t seem to affect the length of the graphical input. See the attached test object.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Thanks
      Shaun

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphical editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.