Graphical Hotspots in Macro

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Graphical editing Graphical Hotspots in Macro

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

Hi!

I have the next issue. I would like to call an object (obj0) as a macro in another object (obj1). Obj0 has graphical hotspots which edit lengths and the origo of the texture (origo-x, origo-y). If I call the object as a macro I get a note “origo-x cannot use as parameter”. I don’t understand at all. Without graphical hotspots of origo-x origo-y can be called as a normal parameter, but with hotspots it crashes in spite of the obj1 object has no error note.

hope it is understandable

Cheers!

G. Szabadi

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

It’s a bit strange. Can you attach a test object pair, and tell me which main version/build you are using?

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

I attached the objects, I was working on. OBJ2 only call OBJ1 object. No error massage in OBJ1. Error massage in OBJ2.
      I am using AC20 5025 HUN.

G. Szabadi

Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

OBJ1

G. Szabadi

Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

upload again

Attachments:

G. Szabadi

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Now it is clear: the caller object must have all the parameters you want to edit.

Gergely Fehér
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

Thank you Gergely for your quick respond!

It is strage. When I call a macro I can replace the macro parameter to a new one, but the hotspots cannot replace these parameters? I want to use this OBJ1 multiple times in OBJ2 so I can edit all the separate OBJ1 parameters with their own separate Graphical Hotspots in 3D. It is working without graphical hotspot.

Any idea?

THX

G. Szabadi

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

You’ll need a lot of parameters, or arrays 🙂

Gergely Fehér
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

I just update these objects I attached. This version OBJ1 only has one lenght parameter ‘A’ which I would like to use to scale in 3D. OBJ1 working fine. OBJ2 calls two OBJ1 and replace ‘A’ parameter with new ones. In 3D I see the purple graphical hotspot, I can scale but has no effect on the replaced ‘A’ parameters….

Do I haves to setup ‘A’ as an array type parameter instead of lenght type parameter?

Attachments:

G. Szabadi

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphical editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.