Hidding contours on double curved edges

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL 3D modelling Hidding contours on double curved edges

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi.

I´m looking for a way to create a “smooth” double curved geometry (ex. fillet corners with a rounded edge) but I havn´t found the trick to avoid certain contours…

1: When doing double curved geometry, I find the “FPRISM_” suitable. However, I cant get rid of “horizontal contourlines” on the “hill” part of the FPRISM_ when angle parameter is set to “0” Hence a curved hill!
      (Please see attached picture “capture FPRISM_”)

2: I also tend to use elbows (tubes and) to create doublecurved geometry, however there´s always a contour edge shown in the end of the elbow and the tube. These parts does´nt seem to work add. status codes. Can these contours become hidden in any way? I´ve tried with “body-1” but that didn´t help 🙁

3: Finally I´ve tried to create double curved geo. with the sweep/tube part, but It seems I cannot use add. status codes to create curved segments with the path curve nodes!?

All three examples is displayed in the attached test object.

Any help or tricks would be appreciated

Barry Kelly
      Participant

H_PRISM is the same as F_PRISM but has an extra status code to control visibility of hill edges.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Barry Kelly
      Participant

With ELBOW you can’t control the end contours (same with CYLIND).
      With TUBE you can and for the curve I have used REVOLVE where you can also control the start and end contours and surfaces with the mask values.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Hi Barry. Thank you.

I´m a little embarresed, since I´ve been so focused on the non-existing status codes on the F_Prism that I didn´t even see the H_Prism command….

My problem with the tube solution has been, to create a smooth curve on the tube path line, I can only create a segmented “curve” by straight paths…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘3D modelling’ is closed to new topics and replies.