Hotspots in 3D from generated model?

Home Forums General discussions Hotspots in 3D from generated model?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mats Knutsson
      Participant

Hi,
      Next task is to create boilers :). I’ve got lots of boilers in Revit format that I want to convert to ArchiCAD. I can use the RFA to GDL using the addon and it’s kind of ok. However the boiler families have many variations and I can save out all the nested families and use them as macros when dreating my objects in ArchiCAD. I did a test with the simplest part as a macro and in the object I get lots of unnecessary 3D hotspots which I don’t know how to hide. The small image on the right is the macro and the image to the left is the object.
      🙂 Mats

Mats Knutsson
      Participant

example image

Barry Kelly
      Participant

If they are not scripted hotspots, then in the Details section > Compatibility Options, there is an option for showing hotspots on the bounding box.
      If that is already turned off (or makes no difference) you may have to script one hotspot (HOTSPOT 0,0,0) as it should then only show that one scripted hotspot.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Mats Knutsson
        Participant

Hi Barry,
        Thanks for a useful tip!
        However the hotspots was ok after closing and the opening AC again. Beats me why.
        /Mats

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.