How to determine current layer combination

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment How to determine current layer combination

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Barry Kelly
      Participant

Is there a way to determine the current layer combination?
      I can understand there is no GLOB libpart parameter for it as an object does not belong to a layer combination.

But is there a REQUEST or APPLICATION query that can determine what the layer combination is.

My desire is to have an object that can appear different in different layer combinations.

For example, furniture that can appear detailed on a presentation plan but simpler on a standard plan.
      Or my real desire is to have a text object that can move to a different location – I can do this now with different scales, but would really like to do this based on the layer combination.

I know it can be done with MVO settings, but I am trying to avoid this if possible.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

No, there isn’t. Layer combinations are designed to filter the elements, not to change them.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Thanks Peter.
      That is what I thought.
      I was just hoping there may be some way to find the current layer combination that I didn’t know about.
      It could be a quite handy thing to be able to do.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.