Inline Attribute Deifinition and Macros

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL 3D modelling Inline Attribute Deifinition and Macros

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

Is it possible to define a material in the calling object
      and pass the defined material in the call command via parameters to a macro?
      I tried it, but it did not work. Do I have to define the material
      in the macro inline again?

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Barry Kelly
      Participant

According to the GDL reference guide …

• Attribute definition in library parts. The materials and textures defined this way can be used in the script and its second generation scripts.

I assume by second generation scripts they mean CALLed macros.
      I think the problem is that if you are just looking at the macro and you are using the defined material name, then it will make no sense as that material will not exist in the macro itself.
      I guess it would only work when looking at the original (CALLing) object, where you can see the CALLed macro being used.
      I can’t say I have defined materials in an object – but I have done it in a MASTR_GDL script which makes it available to all objects and macros.

I also assume the material would have to be defined in the same script that the CALL is made from (i.e. the 3D script).

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘3D modelling’ is closed to new topics and replies.