master_​​gdl – user global variable usage

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment master_​gdl – user global variable usage

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Nichols
      Participant

I’m trying to use Master_GDL script for the first time. My goal is to set a value for a user global variable in the master script, and have subsequent scripts run during 3d window generation and use the value.

My first effort is not working, and I suspect I’m missing something obvious.

Script:
      – created with ArchiCAD gdl editor
      – object name is “MASTER_GLD”
      – object subtype set to “LIBRARY MASTER”
      – variable is set in master script (only script space available)
      – “GLOB_USER_1=5” is code used

But GLOB_USER_1 evaluates to 0, not 5, when accessed in another script.
      What’s wrong?

Barry Kelly
      Participant

I replied in Archicad-talk but I think the problem is that you just need to reload the library to activate the Master_GDL object.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Robert Nichols
      Participant

Thanks, Barry. I finally worked through this problem. Turns out a reload isn’t enough! The most reliable, and quickest, way I found to get updated master_gdl user-global values to update was to open Library Manager, duplicate the existing master_gdl script, the delete the old one. After that 3d windows would reflect the new values right away. I had tried reloading first, and that wouldn’t do it, even with a manual rebuild-from-model action.

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Did you try it with “Reload Libraries and Apply all the Changes”? If you tried with this, and it did not help, then could you send us a test file to let us check it? You can send it via mail to gdlcenter@graphisoft.com, and please tell us about your operating system and ARCHICAD version and buildnum.

Gergely Fehér
        Team Leader, Library Team
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Robert Nichols
      Participant

Gergely:

I have sent you a test file to the email address you provided above.

Thanks,

Robert

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.