Missing Label commands in 22 GDL guide

Home Forums General discussions Missing Label commands in 22 GDL guide

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      David Shorter
      Participant

I guess I must be missing something but it seems that most of the label GDL commands are missing from the 22 GDL guide.
      Or have I missed something

Barry Kelly
      Participant

It seems there are 22 label parameters in the 21 guide.
      Only 5 in the 22 guide.
      Anything to do with the fact that “LABEL_CUSTOM_ARROW” is considered deprecated since ARCHICAD 22?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

Most of the label global variables are considered deprecated starting from AC22.
      For the complete list of them, see here.
      In the meantime, lots of fix named optional parameters have been introduced to continue the role of the deprecated globals:
      – label specific ones are here
      – text handling related general ones (for all annotation elements) here.

So, the above is the reason why the updated GDL Reference Guide does not contain the same stuff as the previous one.
      Hope this helps.

Dominika Bobály
      Product Manager
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

Also, we have a “new features guide” to give you some general overview of changes in ARCHICAD 22, see here, please.

Dominika Bobály
      Product Manager
      GRAPHISOFT SE

David Shorter
      Participant

I have a Label which pulls parameters from door objects to define the Australian Egress Width correctly.
      The Egress Width shown in Door 22 does not comply with Australian Standards.
      My Label uses….
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Pull standard parameters from standard doors
      n = REQUEST (“ASSOCLP_PARVALUE”, “gs_rebate_width”, index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, framerebate)
      nn = REQUEST (“ASSOCLP_PARVALUE”, “gs_ds_w”, index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, framerebate2)
      m = REQUEST (“ASSOCLP_PARVALUE”, “ac_leaf_width”, index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, leafwidth)
      o = REQUEST (“ASSOCLP_PARVALUE”, “gs_leaf_thk”, index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, leafthk)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!transfer to Label parameters
      parameters rebate =max(framerebate,framerebate2)
      parameters gs_leafwidth=leafwidth
      parameters gs_leafthk=leafthk

Which works fine for the label (at the moment)but I cant schedule the result as I cannot transfer these parameters to properties.
      Any ideas anyone?

David Shorter
      Participant

“gs_rebate_width”
      “gs_ds_w”
      “ac_leaf_width”
      “gs_leaf_thk”

so basically I need to be able to link these door parameters to properties otherwise I cannot correctly define the egress width required for AUSTRALIAN doors

Geoff Briggs
      Participant

Related to the new text and label parameters, this Tip & Trick page needs to be updated:

Creating a Label Text with AC Globals

It would also be great if a similar infographic could be created for the Pointer, Symbol Label, and Text Label settings panels. Thanks.

Geoff Briggs
      DeForest Architects
      Seattle, USA

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.