more picture parameters

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

Hi!

I would like to know, if there is a way, to create more than one picture-chooser parameter? (gs_picture_name)
      Is there any naming order to multiply that, like “gs_picture_name2” ?

Many thanks!

G. Szabadi

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

You can use any string parameter for storing an image name…

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

But I would like to have the option to scroll and choose from the pictures of added libraries. Like in the picture, but I would like to create this scrolling-type parameter many times.

G. Szabadi

Csilla Mai
      Keymaster

Hi,

If you would like to use the same value list for the same parameter in more library parts, you can create a library part under Library Master subtype. This library part’s every value list definition applies to all the parameters with the same name in the loaded library. If you write the value list definition for “gs_picture_name” parameter in the parameter script of the library part with the Library Master subtype, as the example:

values "gs_picture_name" "1.png", "2.png", "3.png", "4.png", CUSTOM

then every string parameter with the name “gs_picture_name” will get this value list automatically.

If you want to use the same value list in one library part more times, it is recommended to store the list in an array, and use the array as a value list for the differently named parameters.

Csilla Mai
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

Dear Csilla,

I think maybe you misunderstood. I understand, that I can define values in parameter list. But I don’t want to define as I don’t know which picture (from which library) want to be used by the user.

So I found this “gs_picture_name” parameter name (STR type), which results that the parameter values already change for only picture formats from added libraries. I only want to use more parameter like this.

for example I want create a double screens for a PC workstation and the double screen is one object. I would like that user has the option which picture he or she want to see on which screen. And the user could choose from all added library.

G. Szabadi

Csilla Mai
      Keymaster

Hi,

The User image files can be requested by an application query . The value list of “gs_picture_name” and “gs_picture_name_2D” parameters are defined in a Library Master file by the returned data of this application query:

! ==============================================================================
      ! Custom picture file request
      ! ==============================================================================
      dim stCustomPicFiles[]
      bCustomPicFileExist = APPLICATION_QUERY (“LIBRARY_MANAGER”, “USER_IMAGE_FILES”, stCustomPicFiles)
      if bCustomPicFileExist then
      values “gs_picture_name” stCustomPicFiles, CUSTOM
      values “gs_picture_name_2D” stCustomPicFiles, CUSTOM
      endif

Csilla Mai
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Szabadi Gergely
      Participant

Thank you Csilla!
      That is what I was looking for!

G. Szabadi

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphical UI and parameters list’ is closed to new topics and replies.