Number of parameters in parameter list

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Graphical UI and parameters list Number of parameters in parameter list

• This topic has 20 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Frank Beister.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Frank Beister
      Participant

AFAIK is the maximum number of parameters in the parameter list 1024. Will GS increase this value? I have to create a common door object, which has at least 600-1000 parameters needed for a proper definition/configuration of the door. Plus the ArchiCAD specific and necessary parameters for pens and surfaces.

GDL developer | www.opengdl.org | Hamburg, Germany

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Yes, the maximum number of parameters is 1024 in a library part. And no, we do not want to increase this limit – and I strongly believe that it is much more than needed. In my opinion the number of parameters should be strongly reduced in objects for a better usability.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Frank Beister
      Participant

As long as doors, which are one of the most complex building components, have to have one element in CAD 1024 is rarely not enough. It is not the aim to throw 1000 paras into one interface, but to be able to ask and STORE each information necessary to have all values for a proper configuration of most possibles door variations. E.g. If just one door in your project does not have the possibility to record and list parameters for a door closer, your door list will fail.

GDL developer | www.opengdl.org | Hamburg, Germany

Daniel Ferenc
      Participant

I tend to keep the number of parameters as low as possible.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphical UI and parameters list’ is closed to new topics and replies.