Numbered objects with an identifier number.

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Documentation elements, text handling Numbered objects with an identifier number.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello.
      I need to somehow generate a script that lists one by one the same way growing furniture.
      For example put the object “table” and the script assigns the number 01; then I put another “table” (equal) and the script assigns the numer 02 …
      the script must be layered to recognize few equals “table” is, and assign a numbering increasingly as they are placed.
      This is possible?

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Hi,
      There is no solution in GDL for that: an object does not know anything about previously placed objects.
      I think you should use the ID instead, which makes this increasing for you automatically, and you can check the ID from your scripts and draw that from 2d script.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

OK,
      It is possible from the script of an object, refer to parameters or data of another object? As I make this “calling”?

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

No, placed objects don’t know anything about each others parameters. You’ll need to write an addon, if you would like to connect placed items.

Gergely Fehér
        Team Leader, Library Team
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Dmitry Rogozhin
        Participant

You can use COMPONENT to write data from all object with some key in out string (by type, for example) and parse this data from another object.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Documentation elements, text handling’ is closed to new topics and replies.