Objects licensing

Home Forums General discussions Objects licensing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone, I have a question about objects licensing. I would like to protect objects with password, but to do so I need to choose certain license type. I am working for a big company and we need to protect our source code, but we also will share those objects with our customers on our website (login required). My assumption is that I would rather choose Commercial license type, am I right? Does Commercial license type mean, that we agree for licensing imposed by website owner where the object is published (here – our website) or that we need to create our own license agreement (here – for both? website and objects?)?
      I am a bit confused with those license types and I would be grateful for help!

Dominika

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

The license type applies to the object you are creating. The user can see it in the tool settings window.
      It is also used by https://bimcomponents.com if an object is uploaded there.
      I can’t give you legal advice, but I think you should have your users accept the details of your own commercial license agreement on your site before download, and probably package your code as lcf and include a license agreement there also, or a copyright notice in the source code.

Attachments:

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Lingwisyer GC
      Participant

One route I have taken in regards to source code is to hide the scripts. I did this so that a user is still able to modify parameters even when using the object as a sub-object.

Ling.

AC18-23 AUS 4006
      Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
      Win7 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.