Parameter A and B – original parameter

Home Forums General discussions Parameter A and B – original parameter

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Manuel Emmenegger
      Participant

I create a cube with the dimension AxB. I define A with 2m and B with 1m in the parameter list, then I save the element and place this cube in the ground plan. Know I change the dimension of this cube (A=4, B=3), can I get the original value of A or B out of the script or are they know overwritten?

Thanks in advance.

Manuel Emmenegger

David Shorter44
      Participant

Default parameters (those values set when the object is saved) can always be retrieved
      see attached screenshot ‘resetToDefault’

ArchiCAD 4.1-22
      MacBook RetinaDisplay
      16Gb RAM 500Gb SSD
      BIMXdocs

Manuel Emmenegger
        Participant

Hi David
        Thank you, I’ve not know that, but it’s not what I’m looking for.

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi Manuel,

from the script you don’t have it. For what would you need it?

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Manuel Emmenegger
        Participant

Hi Péter

We have a construction area with some buildings (building A, building B, building C). Know we want to place a survey map in the header of every plan, at the moment the
        architect do this with the element below. He draw the survey map in the 2D-Symbol and change the list of the parameter “p_sicht_tab”. With the command MUL2 it’s possible
        to change the size graphically, but I need the parameters orig_A & orig_B (At the moment we copy the parameter A & B manual in the parameterlist).
        Maybe there is a better way to create this element, thank you in advance.

Péter Baksa
          Keymaster

orig_A and orig_B don’t have to be parameters, they can be variables or numbers in the code too. Maybe it’s easier to find them if they are parameters.
          Another solution can be to resize the drawing to be 1×1 m, thus you can write MUL2 A, B instead of MUL2 A/1, B/1. A and B can be the original size of the drawing in this case.

Péter Baksa
          Library Platform, Software Engineer
          GRAPHISOFT SE

Manuel Emmenegger
          Participant

Ok, that would bi another possibility.
          Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.