Problems with windows

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows Problems with windows

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

I have several problems with a self made window:

1. the interactive schedule lists not the correct net area of the wall (see screenshot)

2. the room area does not reach in the window niche: does this have to do with the wallniche commands? How does the zone recognize the window niche; must it be defined by a wallniche that is showing in the right direction?

In the screenshot you can see the window in 2d with 4 colored fills, which indicate the wallniche commands in 3D. (the rest ist filled up with fill bodies).
      Below you can see the zone calculation which indicates, that the window (1,00 x 2,60) size is correct, but the wall net area of the inside is not correctly calculated by the schedule.

Any help?

Attachments:

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Joachim,
      I started to investigate your first question about the areas, but it would help a lot if you can send me a pla in mail.

About the zone areas: currently the zone areas does not take care of the wallniche/wallhole commands. The additional areas are calculated by the width of your window, and the depth of the additional area is calculated with the value of Parapet Wall Inset. You’ll find this value in the Details page in GDL Editor, in the Compatibility Options palette, near the Nominal Frame Thickness. Please check the calculations in AC’s standard library, and feel free to ask if you have any additional questions.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Joachim Sühlo
      Participant

Is it possible to create a separate 3D-Script for List calculation, like:
      IF GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 9 THEN ?

GDL Object Developer
      b-prisma
      MAC OSx 10.14

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

You can create a different model for calculation based on GLOB_VIEW_TYPE = 9. This will work from AC19.

Gergely Fehér
        Team Leader, Library Team
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Doors and windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.