PROFILE REQUEST PARAMETER SCRIPT

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Parameter connections PROFILE REQUEST PARAMETER SCRIPT

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lingwisyer GC
      Participant

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=298537#p298537

n = REQUEST (“Profile_default_boundingbox”, name_or_index, xmin, ymin, xmax, ymax)

This request does not work in the parameter script, so is there some other way I can get parameters calculated from the min max returns to update their relevant parameters?

Width = abs(_xMax – _xMin)
      Height = abs(_yMax – _yMin)

Ling.

AC18-23 AUS 4006
      Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
      Win7 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi,

No, but a profile type parameter shows it’s default size in the UI popup (and the request is usable in UI script).

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Lingwisyer GC
      Participant

Oh well… I was using it to calculate a maximum value and displaying that in the parameters for reference. Guess I will have to forgo that when using a complex profile.

Thanks,
      Ling.

AC18-23 AUS 4006

Lingwisyer GC
      Participant

Would I need to duplicate the request in the UI Script? I removed the two parameters from the Parameter Script and inserted an infield for them but they do not change when the selected Complex Profile is changed.

Ling.

AC18-23 AUS 4006

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

I attached a screenshot of the “Profiled Rail” UI. The popup is an infield of a profile type parameter, in the red box you can see the size of the profile. This is done automatically by Archicad.
      In the blue box there are two outfields based on variables returned by the request. The request itself can be in the UI or the master script.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Parameter connections’ is closed to new topics and replies.