Properties_​​of_​​parent and Values List

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Informations from the environment Properties_​of_​parent and Values List

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      James Murray
      Participant

I am stumped as to how to make a values list of property names (in a label) when it is not allowed to use Properties_of_parent in the parameter script. I know this list can be made, the Archicad Category and Property label has it. How is this done?

James M

Dominika Bobály
      Keymaster

James,
      we are currently working on an article which explains the method for such value lists (would be too long for a forum post). Hang in there, please.
      Here are some hints, so you can work it out for yourself if it’s urgent:
      our labels use the ui_custom_popup_infield GDL command. It can create a “value list” using the returned array values of requests in the User Interface script alone. The selected value can be displayed in 2D.

Dominika Bobály
      Product Manager
      GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
      Participant

Thanks Dominika, with that hint I have made some progress. I have the property chooser working in the UI script. (Though the ui_outfield seems to show the ‘hiddenID’, while the names are shown in the list. I worked around this by making the hiddenID the same as the name.)

Now I am stuck again on Property_Value_Of_Parent. I have figured out how to get the property ID which corresponds to the chosen property name. According to the ref guide, the value is returned in an array ‘propertyValues’. The value is in there; I can use PRINT to see it, and there is no other data printed. Vardim1 reports that the array dimension is 1, yet this:

sPropContent='' ! init
      sPropContent= propertyValues[1]

gives an error of ‘Index value greater than array dimension’.

Thanks again, looking forward to the article.

James M

James Murray
      Participant

Update: The error is only in the editor, in the placed label the value text comes through.

James M

James Murray
      Participant

I hope that Categories will be covered by this article as well. There is something missing between GetParameterFolderNames and GetParameterNames in the manual. I don’t see where folderNamesArray becomes 2 dimensional, or what the i is supposed to mean.

James M

James Murray
      Participant

Thank you Dominika, I did see the notice on the other question and I meant to thank you for it. It was very clear and I have already made a lot of progress.

James M

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.