Reference Line Location

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      James Murray
      Participant

Is the Reference Line Location of the wall available information? WALL_SURFACE_A and WALL_SURFACE_B are about the reference line, but how can we tell if the ref line is inside or out?

James M

James Murray
      Participant

Where of course I mean WALL_MAT_A.

James M

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

I made a quick test object for that, please paste the next code to a new window’s 3d script:

addz 0.3

define style "aa" "Arial", 300, 7, 0
      set style "aa"

material WALL_MAT_A

addy b/2
      text 0.5, 0, WALL_MAT_A
      del 1

It shows that WALL_MAT_A is the material of the wall towards the positive “Z” direction of the window.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

James Murray
      Participant

Sorry, I’m not following. That’s a Model Element subtype, right? It seems to read the surface of the inside/ref line side of the default wall settings. But I don’t see what it has to do with direction. Reading the globals description more closely, it says the sides can vary depending on the opening direction, and I’m not sure how to apply that to a label. Which is what I’m working on, and I didn’t make that clear.

James M

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

I thought it is about a window, so my example was the 3d of a window… In labels I think there is no proper way to determine the connection between inside-outside and the reference line. That’s why there is an option in skin list label to reverse the order: from the GDL side you can’t get enough specific information, but the user can easily swap with the order to fit the wall.

Gergely Fehér
        Team Leader, Library Team
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.