Requesting the length of an autotext string

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Graphical UI and parameters list Requesting the length of an autotext string

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      shaun coomber
      Participant

Hi

I have been testing the new “AUTOTEXT_LIST” request with UI_CUSTOM_POPUP_INFIELD in an object’s interface, to display autotext as part of a a textblock.

This all works well, but I cannot request the length of the textblock correctly (requesting “TEXTBLOCK_INFO”).

When requesting the textblock size, it always returns the length of the autotext name and not the actual value.

For example, when using the project name autotext, the length of the textblock reported it always the length of the “<PROJECT_NAME>” tag, and not the actual name of the project name being returned.

See the attached.

Any idead?

Shaun

Attachments:
      shaun coomber
      Participant

It wouldn’t let me attach the .gsm, but it’s attached to testtrack #58007 if you can access that.

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Unfortunately you can only use autotext values.
      GDL can’t actually read the values in autotext fields so therefore can not determine the text length.
      It is a long standing problem.
      We could do so much with autotext if only we could read the values.

Follow this link …

Project Info – REQ?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphical UI and parameters list’ is closed to new topics and replies.