Rotating editable hotspot

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Graphical editing Rotating editable hotspot

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Geoff Briggs
      Participant

Hello,
      Please post an example of how to code an editable hotspot that travels in a circle and can stop only at 0 or 180 deg. which controls a single boolean parameter. Thanks.

Geoff Briggs
      DeForest Architects
      Seattle, USA

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Hopefully this will help.
      I have just cut this from an object I use to set appliance models and cut-out sizes.

I have left just the parts for a stretchable on/of style hotspot and also a rotating hotspot.

The rotating hotspot has 4 positions rather than just the 2 you want.
      If just a choice of two settings I use the straight stretchy method.

You can amend the rotating one to have as many or as few options as you want.
      And obviously change the names of the parameters so they mean something to you.
      I did this in a bit of a rush so haven’t altered the names to anything more generic.

Barry

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Geoff Briggs
      Participant

Thanks Barry,
      Normally I would agree about using a sliding arrangement for simple on/off but I have reason to use the rotating shape in this instance. And no worries about cleaning up the names and such, I’m just looking for good example to save some trial and error.

Thanks again, cheers.

Geoff Briggs
      DeForest Architects
      Seattle, USA

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphical editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.