"Standing" prism?

Home Forums General discussions "Standing" prism?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mats Knutsson
      Participant

Hi,
      What is the best 3D-shape to use if I want a to model something that in section is controlled like a poly and then just extruded (adjusting thickness)? I can use prism but then I have to rotate it so it stands up and for me it feels like kind of unnecessary. I’m creating my first macro and it’s a support column to which I want to send the thickness with the macro call. Maybe the rotated prism is the correct way but I wanted to check with you guys first.
      Br,
      Mats

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi,

RULEDSEGMENTED can be used for sideways extrusion, but I think rotating a prism is easier. GDL commands are designed to be used with transformations, there aren’t duplicates for different directions.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

David Shorter44
      Participant

Mats, I cant visualise what you’re trying to create but have you tried using the new column tool or a complex profile?
      These days its better to use an element rather than an object if its possible.
      D

ArchiCAD 4.1-22
      MacBook RetinaDisplay
      16Gb RAM 500Gb SSD
      BIMXdocs

Mats Knutsson
        Participant

David: boilers of varoius sizes accordin to attach. Differens kettle sizes byt more or less the same support structues on the sides. The kettle and the shower I will not dabble with but as an excercise I’d make the kettle, shower as dumb macro calls and the supoprts as smart ones (only differens thickness).
        🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.