TEXTBLOCK_​​INFO

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kristian Goodsell
      Participant

So in version 20 has anyone found a way to use TEXTBLOCK_INFO (depth specifically)to set a distance of one textblock to another if being called as a macro?
      I’m working on a linked engineering speci object that reads the speci from individual text files.
      the Text_In object reads note block.txt files 1 to say 30 and gives the ability to include or not, individual
      sub notes of the text file ie (2.11 Blahhh blah) and becomes part of some check elements linked to mvo’s and properties and also a title blocked speci page.
      BUT when I try call the Text_In object into the Speci page object, TEXTBLOCK_INFO falls apart (by design, poorly)
      even if I finish Text_In with a simple ADD2 tblock_wid, tblock_dep.

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Hi Kristian,

Sorry for the late answer, somehow I missed your question. So, transformation made in a macro does not affect your local coordinate system in the caller object. There is a solution to use that transformation: at the end of the macro, pass the 2 values back to the caller, with “end tblock_wid, tblock_dep”. In the caller, you can receive these values with “returned_parameters tblock_wid, tblock_dep”, and write the transformation in the caller.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Documentation elements, text handling’ is closed to new topics and replies.