Weird "Custom Pen" Old Object converted to AC 20

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Others Weird "Custom Pen" Old Object converted to AC 20

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Graeme Mair
      Participant

I can not find a way to fix this problem I am having with an object that works fine in AC19 but in AC20 it is allocating a “Custom Pen” despite the object having parameters that control the pen colours.

In AC20 if you select different pens it makes no change to the object, it steadfastly shows the “Custom Pen”. I have never seen ArchiCAD allocate a custom pen before it is rather weird. Other parameters do have an effect on the object.

I have tried saving the object “as a new object” and overwritten the old version but that did not change it’s behaviour

Has anyone else had this problem or have I found a glitch in AC 20?

This also applies to Fills

ps I posted this originally on the ArchiCADTalk forum as I am uncertain which forum I am supposed to use these days for GDL object problems

AC versions 3.41 to 20 (4020 UKI Full)
      Mac OSX 10.10.5 Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics

Gergely Hari

Hi,

“Custom Pen” is created during operations such as copy/paste and explode (incl. Save as GDL as well), when the appearance of the original element was using a pen that does not exist in the pen table. This can happen if you are using either Graphic Overrides or Renovation Overrides, with a Rule that “overrides pen color only” – which means elements are displayed with lines whose thickness and color are defined by two different pens.
      This happens to ensure that the appearance does not change during copy/paste, explode (or Save as GDL for that matter) – wysiwyg behavior.

You can avoid creating custom pens by turning off such Overrides before copy/paste, explode, or Save as GDL; or you can modify the pens afterwards. (specifically for Save as GDL, you have to do that in the GDL Editor).

Does this answer your problem? How was the object in question created?

Graeme Mair
      Participant

Thanks that got it sorted. Although did prove to be challenging to get the View to change it’s settings so I deleted it and made a new View with no Graphic Overrides

AC versions 3.41 to 20 (4020 UKI Full)
      Mac OSX 10.10.5 Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new topics and replies.