Reply To: Profile name in Master Script

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Parameter connections Profile name in Master Script Reply To: Profile name in Master Script

Bruce Walker
Participant

I’m now running into the same problem with trying to intelligently produce door schedules with leaf & frame finish fields. I want the schedule to read the finish surface of the leaf or frame, and run a SPLIT or STRSTR command to extract the finish code from the description.

The problems I’m encountering:
1. I can’t run a REQUEST (“Name_of_material”,…) command from the parameter script – for the above mentioned reasons I’m presuming.
2. I can’t run a SPLIT command in the properties, as I can’t reach object parameters from properties
3. I can’t shorten the schedule column to obscure the description of the surface, as it adds a ‘…’ to indicate there is more information.

This is resulting in three separate entries for the same data – not a good practice: 1. User selects the right surface inside the object. 2. User selects the finish code from a properties-specific options list for the leaf. 3. User selects the finish code from a different (but containing multiple duplicate values) properties-specific options list for the frame.

This is bad!

An example of a surface name would be “TM-104: Timber veneer” – and I just want the “TM-104” part.

Ideas?