Reply To: Access to Minimum Space with GDL

Home Forums General discussions Access to Minimum Space with GDL Reply To: Access to Minimum Space with GDL

Chris Gilmer
Participant

Thanks for the reply Barry. I have seen where I can toggle visibility of Minimal Space with MVOs. And you are correct that it is a global setting – all or nothing.

I am new to ArchiCAD and GDL, but have decades of experience customizing AutoCAD and Excel with ObjectARX, LiSP, and VBA. Maybe my bigger GDL question should be ==> Are there GDL methods to access any of the native properties of individual objects? Are there GDL methods to set or modify any of the native properties of individual objects?

I know the object model is exposed to varying degrees in many modern day softwares to include the specific objects that are unique to the software. I can programmatically change the layer of a line in AutoCAD. I can programmatically change the width of a column in Excel. I guess I am naturally expecting to access and adjust variables like msOpeningDepth, msOpeningSideWidth1, msOpeningSideWidth2, msOppositeDepth, msOppositeSideWidth1, and msOppositeSideWidth2 in an instance of a door in ArchiCAD.

And is GDL the way to do this? Should I be looking more at C++ or the Python extension?

Any insight to the best approach or any possible approach to doing this is appreciated.

– chris

- chris
JHP Architecture / Urban Design
Dallas, TX