Combine request results

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      David Cook
      Participant

Hi

I have a zone stamp that has the following line in the Master Script which returns the ID of the zone. Works great.
      x = REQUEST("ID_of_main", "", IDText)

We’ve got a project where we want to hot link in a module several times and add the prefix. Now I can get the prefix to show up, but not the ID if I change this line to
      x = REQUEST("Full_ID_of_parent", "", IDText)

Is there any way I can do a double request
      x = REQUEST("Full_ID_of_parent" & "ID_of_main", "", IDText)

or filter the results into a secondary line of code to get the IDText variable to display them as a combined result?

x = REQUEST("ID_of_main", "", IDTexta)
      x = REQUEST("Full_ID_of_parent", "", IDTextb)
      IDText = IDTextA & IDTextB

Appreciate any assistance/advice/ that can be provided. I’m still relatively new with this side of the GDL commands.

Regards

Dave Cook

Denny Wong
      Participant

Hi David,

Not sure if I got your question correctly – this sounds more to do with string concatenation rather than the REQUEST itself. & operator in GDL is a Boolean operator; + is the operator you are looking for:

n1 = REQUEST("ID_of_main", "", IDTextA)
      n2 = REQUEST("Full_ID_of_parent", "", IDTextB)
      if n1 and n2 then
        IDText = IDTextB + IDTextA
      else
        print "Something went wrong"
      endif

I am not sure if REQUEST will give an Integer if IDTextA turns out to be all numbers, in which case you might need to do a VARTYPE then str(“%.0”, IDTextA) before concatenating.

I also want to point out that if you put these REQUESTS in the Master Script, they will produce a numerical “0” if GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE is Parameter Script. If you then try to + two 0s together obviously you will get a 0. If your confusion comes from seeing 0s as your script result, may be that’s the reason.

kind regards,

Denny

Bond Bryan Architects, Westerham, UK

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.