Common Value List for multiple parameters

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL GDL add-ons Common Value List for multiple parameters

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Scott Graham
      Participant

I am trying to read data from a .txt file to populate a list of text values for multiple parameters, without needing to repeat (and edit in the future) the list in multiple locations throughout the file.
      The text file I’m pulling from is a simple table with a numeric code (field 1) and a text name (field 2). I’ve attached a copy of the text file for reference. I’d like to use the text values from field 2 to populate the options for several parameters, but have each parameter be able to independently select from this list.

I’ve tried adapting the tutorials on the GDL center, but they are based in populating the Interface windows, not the parameter Values. In this case, I’d like an object to be able to host multiple pictograms from the associated text list.
      For Pictogram 1, I want all entries in field 2 of the text file to populate in a drop down list. The same for Pictogram 2, 3 & 4, all independent of each other. Furthermore, I’d like the associated numeric code to carry over with the selected pictogram name, which would then direct the 2d/3d script to subroutines with the corresponding number.

Anyone out there able to suggest a way to do this?
      Thanks!

Scott O. Graham, AIA, LEED AP+
      Principal
      Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.

Scott Graham
      Participant

Decided to use an embedded Array instead. Seems to be working better. No further responses requested.

Scott O. Graham, AIA, LEED AP+
      Principal
      Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘GDL add-ons’ is closed to new topics and replies.