Comprehensive section on globals and requests

Home Forums About this site Ideas about GDL Center Comprehensive section on globals and requests

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shaun Coomber
      Participant

Hi

I think it would be useful to have a single resource / section on all options that GDL offers in accessing global and system values:

– Global variables
      – REQUESTs
      – Fixed name optional parameters
      – Existing “Master GDL” parameters

It can be painful looking through separate documentation for each of the above, trying to find the relevant commands.

Csilla Mai
      Keymaster

Hi,

At the moment all these sections are available from the Information from the environment tutorial.
      A separate chapter will be created soon in GDL Reference Guide for accessing global and system values.

Csilla Mai
      Library Developer, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Kristian Bursell
      Participant

I second this request and will eagerly await the new chapter in the GDL reference guide.

CADSWIFT
      Australia

Gergely Fehér
        Keymaster

Kristian, Shaun,

Could you please describe a bit more details about what would you like to read in this new chapter? I think everything is written in the reference guide, so we only wanted to change the structure of the “miscellaneous” chapter, but if there is something really missing, then we should reconsider this.

Gergely Fehér
        Team Leader, Library Team
        GRAPHISOFT SE

Geoff Briggs
        Participant

Please add a tip/trick describing the (new) preferred method for offering a font selector within an object’s parameters. Thanks

Geoff Briggs
        DeForest Architects
        Seattle, USA

Gergely Fehér
          Keymaster

Geoff, I’m not sure it needs a complete post, I’ll try to answer it shortly here. From AC19 we use font types value lists from the “Archicad_library_master”. If you open it from the editor, you’ll see how we add value lists to all the loaded library parts. You can do the same, add your own “master” libpart to your package, and create value list for your own libparts. This master libpart should be under the “Library Master” subtype. Maybe later we can describe it with more details, for now, feel free to ask more questions if needed.

Gergely Fehér
          GRAPHISOFT SE

Geoff Briggs
          Participant

Thanks. Specific to fonts, can my parts use the list from Archicad_library_master? I don’t want to deploy masters if the values are already available. If that is possible, please post code examples.

Cheers,

Geoff Briggs
          DeForest Architects
          Seattle, USA

Gergely Fehér
          Keymaster

You can use the font names from our master file, but there can be problems:

• you can’t use those objects without the standard ARCHICAD library
          • if we change our master file, then there is no guarantee that your object will work with an upcoming version

If you decide to use our file, you don’t need to script anything, just add one of the font parameters from the master file to your object, and it will work.

Gergely Fehér
          GRAPHISOFT SE

Geoff Briggs
          Participant

That makes sense, thanks for the warning.

Related question: I have some customized markers (one detail and one S/E) and use the built-in parameter AC_TextFont_1 to set the marker head text style. Will that continue to work in the future. Thanks.

Geoff Briggs
          DeForest Architects
          Seattle, USA

Gergely Fehér
          Keymaster

Geoff, as I said before, there is no guarantee for the upcoming versions. I can’t promise you anything about that.

Gergely Fehér
          GRAPHISOFT SE

Geoff Briggs
          Participant

OK, thanks.

Geoff Briggs
          DeForest Architects
          Seattle, USA

Laszlo Nagy
      Participant

Around 2000 I have created an illustrated list of Global GDL parameters and Zone Fix Parameters for Graphisoft. These are still available on the old ArchiCADWiki site:

https://195.144.20.131/Global%20GDL%20Parameters

https://195.144.20.131/Zone%20Fix%20Parameters

I would love to see something similar (detailed info with illustrations) and updated for the latest versions. When these were first created the latest version was 6.5.

Laszlo Nagy
      ARCHICAD-TALK Moderator, Site Admin

carlos lopez
        Participant

That would be really productive, a illustration says more than words.

Balázs Fürtön
        Participant

The links are no longer alive, it seems.

Balazs Furton

Student of architecture @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Ideas about GDL Center’ is closed to new topics and replies.