GDL door and window parameters related to zones

Home Forums General discussions GDL door and window parameters related to zones

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      David Shorter44
      Participant

There is a Door parameter in the door object “gs_list_location” which returns the name or number of a zone into which the door opens. Whilst the window object has a “location” parameter it does not link to the “gs_list_location” because there is no such parameter in the window object.
      Unless I have missed something fundamental it would appear strange that a door can understand the relevant room but a window can’t.
      Surely it is just as important for a window to understand the room (zone ) it belong to as a door. In some cases this is even more important.
      Suggestions please

ArchiCAD 4.1-22
      MacBook RetinaDisplay
      16Gb RAM 500Gb SSD
      BIMXdocs

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

David,
      As I know, windows in the AC19 INT library has this functionality too. Can you tell me which version did you try?
      gs_list_location has nothing to do with the zones – it is just a parameter for listing, users can write anything to that parameter. You can read more about linking zones and openings here: https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/linking-openings-to-zone/

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

David Shorter44
      Participant

Hi
      19 INT
      With the door this parameter can be automated using the “Location as” parameter.
      You seem to have missed the point here. With the Door the user can automatically pull the name or number (using the “Location as” parameter) from the door to which it is attached. This is not possible with the window BUT it should be. I know the user can enter the value manually but this will only guarantee an error at some point. Automating the association of the window (and door) to its associated zone is an essential requirement. The keywords here are intelligent automation.
      Hope this helps

ArchiCAD 4.1-22
      MacBook RetinaDisplay
      16Gb RAM 500Gb SSD
      BIMXdocs

Gergely Fehér
      Keymaster

Hi David,
      As I tested it it seems the same to me – or I’m just testing some other parameters 🙂 Could you please send me a sample file with a door and a window between 2 zones and a schedule in mail to gdlcenter@graphisoft.com ? Please describe the problem in the file. Thanks in advance.

Gergely Fehér
      Team Leader, Library Team
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.