Global for Favorites Mode

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      James Murray
      Participant

Is there any way, like GLOB_VIEW_TYPE and GLOB_PREVIEW_MODE, to tell if an object is being shown as a favorite preview? Two reasons this would be useful: 1) Rotating an object to face the preview’s camera. 2) Smart labels often don’t look good when not associated to something.

James M

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Yes it is GLOB_PREVIEW_MODE = 3

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

James Murray
      Participant

Thank you Barry. That’s what I get for looking at the 21 version of the book.

James M

Barry Kelly
      Participant

That’s what I get for looking at the 21 version of the book.

I still use the book from version 6.5 – as it was the last physical book printed and I find it much more convenient than opening a PDF.
      Good job most of the basic stuff is still the same.
      I just keep forgetting to look at the new options though.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

James Murray
      Participant

Well I finally got around to implementing this. It works for 3D, and for 2D symbols, but it doesn’t seem to work for labels.

This code:

content_ = 'Text'
      IF GLOB_PREVIEW_MODE = 3 THEN content_ = 'Fave'

TEXT2 0, 0, content_

…works for a drawing symbol subtype object, but fails when you convert it to a label. (The favorite preview reads ‘Text’.)

James M

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Informations from the environment’ is closed to new topics and replies.