How i can set WIDO_​​SILL_​​HEIGHT ?

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows How i can set WIDO_​SILL_​HEIGHT ?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Stefano De Maria
      Participant

How i can set WIDO_SILL_HEIGHT ?

Attachments:
      Barry Kelly
      Participant

You set it where you show your image – in the settings dialogue or info box.
      WIDO_SILL_HEIGHT will read this value for use in your script – not set the value.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Stefano De Maria
      Participant

I’m reading door script where the door have to fix sill height:

door typ A -> sill height 5 cm
      door typ B -> sill height 10 cm
      ….

if sd_typ = “Panzerdeckel” then
      if sd_typ_PD = “PD 60×80 cm” then parameters sd_BiL = 0.600, sd_HiL = 0.800, sd_Bru = 0.000
      endif

sd_BRU => WIDO_SILL_HEIGHT

Stefano De Maria
      Participant

SORRY… i’m writing … 😉

Barry Kelly
      Participant

I am a little confused as to what you are trying to do.
      WIDO_SILL_HEIGHT is a value calculated from the height of the door or window from the base of the wall it is placed in.
      It is not a value you can set in the object script as it is not a parameter like height and width (A & B).
      While you are scripting it may always return a value of zero as you object as yet does not belong to a wall.
      It is not until you place an instance of the door in a wall that it can determine a value.

You can force it (for testing) in your script by saying WIDO_SILL_HEIGHT = 0.100 in the master script but you will need to remove that line when saving the object for real as otherwise it will always use that value regardless of what height you place it.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Stefano De Maria
      Participant

I want passed away doors with certain height from the base, for exemple:

– door A whith 5cm from the doors base to store where the wall it is placed
      – door B whith 7cm from the doors base to store where the wall it is placed
      – door C whith 9cm from the doors base to store where the wall it is placed
      ….

Thanks

Barry Kelly
      Participant

I’m still not sure I am on the right track but you could place your door and manually set the sill height to what you want in relation to the wall base or storey level.

But if you want to automatically raise the height based on the door type then I would just add something like this to your 3D script …

if door_type = "type A" then
      ADDy 0.005
      endif

if door_type = "type B" then
      ADDy 0.007
      endif

if door_type = "type C" then
      ADDy 0.009
      endif

Then when you place the door make sure you place it with the sill set to zero height above the wall base (or storey).

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Doors and windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.