How to kill the graphic UI?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Geoff Briggs
      Participant

Hello,
      I’m building a customized detail marker and I want to get rid of the graphic UI and have just the basic parameter list instead. Here’s what I did: I saved a copy of the BaseMarker macro as a placeable detail marker. I then deleted the UI script entirely. I am able to place the marker and it seems to function fine, but the Marker Custom Settings panel of the settings dialog is grayed out and no parameters are available.

What am I missing? Thanks.

Geoff Briggs
      DeForest Architects
      Seattle, USA

Barry Kelly
      Participant

In the Interface script, turn off the ‘Hierarchical pages’ button at the top.
      You can probably also turn off the ‘Set as Default’ button as well.

Also in the parameter script, find and comment the line for “HIDEPARAMETER ALL”

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Geoff Briggs
      Participant

Thanks Barry,
      Commenting HIDEPARAMETER ALL did the trick. I was familiar with HIDEPARAMETER but not HIDEPARAMETER ALL, and when I looked that up I learned about the new to AC22 “Enable hide/lock of specific fix named optional parameters” compatibility setting. So my initial frustration has a double silver lining.

Thanks again, cheers.

Geoff Briggs
      DeForest Architects
      Seattle, USA

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphical UI and parameters list’ is closed to new topics and replies.