Layout Drawing Width Reference

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Henry Berger
      Participant

Hello,

I am creating a new drawing title and attempting to reference the width of the drawing so that a line that is part of the drawing title matches the width of the drawing. There does not seem to be a parameter or global variable that controls/utilizes that information. My guess is that this would be a REQUEST and the drawing width dimension may be part of an array that references the underlying database. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Henry

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Having a quick look at the ‘Built-in Drawing Title’ object, it appears that the drawing dimensions are stored in a parameter called ‘AC_DrawingRect’.
      In particular …

xo = AC_DrawingRect[1]: yo = AC_DrawingRect[2]
      x1 = AC_DrawingRect[3]: y1 = AC_DrawingRect[4]

Or if you want to use the layout width then it is the ‘AC_LayoutRect’ parameter.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Henry Berger
      Participant

Hi Barry,

That did it. I had tested something similar after opening and reviewing the provided title types. Unfortunately, I had some typos trying to get at the array values. After a copy/paste of the script above everything worked fine.

Thanks for your help,

Henry

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Documentation elements, text handling’ is closed to new topics and replies.