Opening oversize no longer instantly updating

Home Forums Problems and solutions in GDL Doors and windows Opening oversize no longer instantly updating

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Barry Kelly
      Participant

I have noticed that the opening oversize is no longer instantly updating in plan – version 21 & 22.
      I must re-build & regenerate at least 2 or 3 times or open the windows settings dialogue and OK for it to update.

In previous versions it worked fine.

Attached is a very simple window opening object – created in version 18.
      It has a stretchy hotspot on each side that adjusts the opening oversize.
      In 18 it works fine.
      In 21 & 22 the opening in plan does not update instantly.

The solution (not really), is to add a WALLHOLE2 command.
      The problem with this is that the WALLHOLE2 does not have a perimeter contour.
      The ‘AC_WallContours’ variable (is this still a valid variable in 22?), still controls the internal and external sill lines.
      However it does not control the opening side lines – so if my wall has an empty fill, there will be no side lines.

So my question is this, are the opening oversize options no longer working as they used to.
      Is this a bug or a deliberate change?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

Hi Barry,

I forwarded your question to the developers.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Thank you.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22
      Dell Precision M6800 - i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 (2GB), Windows 7 64bit

Péter Baksa
      Keymaster

This is a bug, we added it to the list.
      You could use wallhole2 and draw the lines yourself. Or re-organize your parameters so that A/B is the wallhole size, and oversize is subtracted from that.

Péter Baksa
      Library Platform, Software Engineer
      GRAPHISOFT SE

Barry Kelly
      Participant

Thanks Péter,
      Drawing the end lines works but you don’t have the same control when the automatic wall hole is used.
      Yes I can check ‘AC_WallContours’ and draw the lines or not.
      But when I have 2 opening butting up next to each other, one with an opening extension because of a connecting column between the windows, and I need the side lines, there is a problem.
      Drawing them manually they are either on or off – on in this case because I need the side lines.
      With the automatic hole there is no joining line even when the side lines are on.

Yes, I could script and control each side line separately, but I really don’t want to.

Hoping this fix will find it’s way into an update soon.

Thanks again.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 22

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Doors and windows’ is closed to new topics and replies.